TPA: A strong community

A community is stronger than a single individual. It was with this principle in mind that Christian Blomenkamp together with committed independent ship owner/operators established TPA Tankpartner Befrachtungsgesellschaft mbH, Germany’s first company of independent ship owner/operators, in 1989.

The idea of creating a partnership of independent tank ship owner/operators has since proved to be an exceedingly successful business strategy. With 75 percent of the company’s capital held by the independent ship owner/operators, they constitute a strong block of partners within TPA and make a direct contribution to its business performance. The remaining 25 percent is held by TPA’s management.

In two decades of successful activity, TPA has emerged as a preferred and reliable partner to the transport industry especially for oil and chemicals. Its customer base includes renowned oil traders, large oil companies and the chemicals industry.

With its open shareholder structure, it offers new and interested independent owner/operators a solid and long-term basis with a real future for tanker shipping and will help them to generate new business, enhance quality management, handle liability matters and address all other business matters. For more information, don't hesitate to contact us.